Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Make it Easy Tip


We know that everything can be easier. It's an attitude. But if we want to live ease to the max then it's time to realize that right here, right now, we have to everything we need to know ourselves. Nothing can be easier than knowing who you are. Only when we know ourselves can we sip the wine of ease.

Wake up. No more pettiness of spirit. No more self-righteousness or sense of entitlement. No more poor me, I'm not what I'm meant to be. No more, I am my drama or I am my emotions. It's time to drop the act and become the me I am.

Now is the time to open up to life. Forget the past, forget the dreams if just for one short moment. Try it. I tried fixing my life, planning my life, controlling my life, controlling others' lives. Only when I gave up my plans and focused into the presence of now did any of my doing make sense. Only when I rested my mind did my work bring peace with it. I began to work from peace rather than doing things so I could find peace.

Whenever I remember – when awareness dawns - I drop my line of thinking. Most lines of thinking are old worn out repeats of the past. I listen to my breath, feel my feet, and expand my awareness to my surrounding. I check out my body sensations – no judgments, no trying to process feelings or make them go away. I just become present and sink into presence. I do this dozens a time a day. And that makes my life easier and easier. This is how I drop the drama. The drama is my mind.

1 comment:

  1. The drama is my mind...well said. In Womens group we have been watching Oprah's classes with Tolle. In the first lesson he says, "I was going to commit suicide, I decided that I couldn't live with myself anymore" then he had an aha moment. If "I" can't live w/ "myself" just how many people are in there? Really made me think about how our ego mind can seem like it is us but it is not really our true self.

    ReplyDelete