Friday, November 20, 2009

The Sweet Spot



It's evening. My husband is upstairs. He's fighting a cold. I sit at my desk and glance across the room. I see a tri colored glass vase. Its beauty fills me. I glance to the right and feel warm when I see the clothes on the drying rack.

There's something so sweet about the night. My home is warm. It's clean. Silent. Flowers and plants take their place in this living collage. But I know the beauty and peace are not from my home or the vase or the drying clothes. Sitting in the sweetness of life, I just happen to be in this home, but the sweetness is always here. It is life itself.

Being awake to life is the only answer. It doesn't matter the question. Being awake is the only answer. The more I let go. The more I keep my mind in a relaxed non driven state - the more I experience my emotions as sensations- the sweeter the spot. The spot is here and now.


The picture is me in an interesting spot. I'm walking on the equator in Ecuador. I've traveled the world only to find the sweet spot is here. Whether it's the here in Thailand or the here in my office, it's here and I'm so glad I'm here.

No comments:

Post a Comment