Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Happy Cinnamon Toast Day


When I was young I loved cinnamon toast. It was a comfort food. We used margarine, white bread, sugar and cinnamon (that was probably years old.) I loved it. I anticipated the first bite as the smell of the treat wafted though the kitchen – then that first scrumptious bite. 

Today I had the new improved version of my childhood treat. Ezekiel bread, organic butter, relatively fresh cinnamon and local honey. Wow how delicious. The smells and taste seemed the same yet I enjoyed a much healthier adaptation of my comfort food. Try it. Upgrade the ingredients to your old favorite childhood recipes.

Honey and cinnamon have many health benefits, there’s even a honey and cinnamon way to lose weight.  http://www.benefits-of-honey.com/cinnamon-and-honey.html

No comments:

Post a Comment