Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Happy Surrender Day

 How do I surrender? Everyone wants to let go, but how do you do that? Here’s a process to help you let go and to have an easier day.

The EZ U Process
Get out of the School of Hard Knocks!

Step 1: I admit that today, in this moment, my life is a struggle.

Step 2: I am willing to consider the possibility that my life can be easier.

Step 3: I dedicate my mind and heart to discovering an easier way to perceive and create my life.

Step 4: I am willing to be aware of any conscious or hidden need to suffer or struggle.

Step 5: Anything other than ease is fear.

Step 6: I release my need to control and fix this situation.

Step 7: I relax my body and become aware of my body’s needs, then attend to them.
Step 8: I face my emotions.

Step 9: I surrender my situation, problem or feeling to GUS (God/Universe/Spirit). Imagine yourself looking at a vast star filled sky. Take your mind off the situation and go to this image of expansion. Lose yourself - just for a moment - in the grandeur of the universe. (Use any image that works for you such as a blue cloud filled sky or the ocean)

Step 10: I write down any reaction or feeling I have as a result of letting go (or reflect silently).

By this time you should feel more present and lighter. Happy Surrender Day.
* Excerpted From EZosophy: The Art and Wisdom of Easy or at Least Easier Living.  © 2003 Easy Times Press annegillis.com 281- 419 -1775



No comments:

Post a Comment