Saturday, April 28, 2012

Happy Get to Do What You Want To Do Day


Today, keep asking yourself, “What do I want to do now?” Avoid the “have to dos.” If you really have something you have to do, transform your opinion of the task to the “get to do” section of your mind. A “have to do”, when done with resistance, is a burden. Burdens are psychological and made up through a series of beliefs that life sucks. Life only sucks when it comes through our filters of judgment. When we leave life alone to be what it is, it flourishes. 

Don’t rush through today making your life a harried “to do” list. Remember to ask yourself, “What do I want to do?” For several nights, I have gone to my backyard deck, sat with a fire and watched the stars. Last night I laid on the deck, peered through the canopy of trees and expanded to life. My dog was beside me as we partook in the communion. I felt like I was on a wilderness trip, but I was really in my back yard. This activity has been on my “want to do list” for a while but I didn’t do it. Today I am being truer to my “want to do” list. 

Treasure the pleasure of life and do what you want to do. It’s a refreshing change. Feed your soul. Don’t be in a hurry to get things done or become a sole survivor in life, be a soul thriver. Life doesn’t hold us hostage, we do that on our own.

1 comment:

  1. Gгeetіngs! Veгу helpful adviсe within this post!
    It's the little changes that make the biggest changes. Thanks for sharing!

    Review my web blog ... http://media.vitalland.hu/read_blog/22765/haine-bebe-ieftine-online

    ReplyDelete