Friday, March 9, 2012

Happy Doodle Day


Happy Doodle Day – JFK’s Doodled Too Wait to You See What He Doodled.

Every day is a holiday, at least in my book. I declare today “Doodle Day.” Doodling is fun. It’s a great past time. I doddle when I’m in conferences, while I talk on the phone and in bed before I go to sleep. I  doodle with pen and ink and I doddle in color with felt tip markers.  I have a movement in my life designed towards intentional play. Paper and colored markers rest beside my bed.  I doodle at night before I go to sleep or in the morning when I wake up.  I even doodle on my computer in Paint and on my I Touch. 

Doodling is fun, but the unintended consequences are terrific. When I doodle on a regular basis, my creativity heightens.  I’m still working on the bedside doodle you see here. It’s an 8 by 11 doodle.
Psychologists tell us that doodling taps into our subconscious minds and can give us insights to our inner most impulses. Doodles are like dreams – links to subconscious message mysteries. 

The doodles and notes of US president John F Kennedy are released periodically by the John F Kennedy Library and Museum in Boston. One hundred and thirty five pages were released in 2004. Subsequent historical events, long after JFK's assassination in 1963, give one JFK doodle a special significance: On one page a small circle was written with the numbers "9/11" contained within. Just to the lower left on the same page is the word "conspiracy" - and it is underlined. Conspiracy buffs, take note! http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/10/13/the_odd_body_doodling/
Happy Doodle Day to you. Doodley Doo!

I'm working on this doodle currently.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment