Monday, March 12, 2012

Happy We We Day

Happy Genealogy Day, happy International Fanny Pack Day, Happy Anniversary - Girl Scouts, Birthday - Jack Kerouac (writer/poet), Happy Fiesta de las Fallas (Spain), Happy Independence Day (Mauritius), Happy Moshoeshoe's Day (Lesotho) and Happy National Day (Gabon) and happy we – we day. In making everyday a holiday, I acknowledge today’s holidays around the world.
To me the most important holiday is “We We.” Martin Buber talks about the “I – thou” relationship, but today is about “We- We.” If I am you and your are me, then when we are together can we still be we? Of course we are we.  But we forget the we-ness of life.  We place people in the “they “category. Just experiment for today and put everyone in the “we “category. See how your attitude changes when the world is made up of “we” ones not “they” ones.  Happy “We-We” day.

1 comment:

  1. i am for the first time here. I found this board and I in finding It truly helpful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to present something back and help others such as you helped me.
    a course in miracles

    ReplyDelete