Sunday, April 22, 2012

Happy Today Tune Into Joy

I don't want to charge into this day. I don't want a challenge. Challenges are made in my mind. I don't want to see how much I can get done. Things may get done, but not at the expense of my aliveness. I don't want to look for what's wrong - what can be improved or fixed. I want to enjoy today. I want to unwrap each moment like a present. If I don't look at the joy that is always already present, I will forever be looking to fix something in order the get that joy. I can't make joy or get joy, but I can perceive the joy of presence. Happiness requires effort or the confluence of circumstances to meet my ideas of what is good or right. I will not be seduced by the normalcy of harried thinking. I am here now and that is more than enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment