Monday, October 1, 2012

Eat Right for Your Life


Alcohol slows your metabolism for three days after you drink. A 15 minute walk after a meal raises your metabolism for 2 hours. Many of the same people who say they don't have the time to eat healthy, seem to have the time to shop. They spend hours looking for the perfect scarf or accessory for an outfit. The time we spend taking care of our health, determines how we look and feel - that dress that took so long to shop for, will eventually be cast off, but our bodies, which our most important possession, are here to stay. Our health is more important than our appetites and shopping trips. When our bodies are not well-nourished, our outlooks are changed.

Recently I ate a combination of fruit and vitamins that didn't sit well in my stomach. I thew up. My thoughts during the hour before I threw up were bazaar. My body chemistry made my head swim. The moment I completed the physical purging, my mind and emotions cleared. SO if you feel defeated by life, have low energy and feel as if you are in a rut - take a look at your diet and exercise. Try one week of exercise and better eating and see what affect it has on your overall outlook on life. And have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment