Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Happy Appreciate and Take the Stairs Day

I have chosen to make everyday a holiday. Instead of a citizen's arrest, I make a citizen's attest. Today is the "Appreciate and Take the Stairs" National Holiday. I hereby recognize and declare it so.  Everyone knows that we get more exercise when we take the stairs. Would more people take the stairs if it were fun? Check out the video. To honor all the stairs in our lives and what they do by getting us from one level to the other, take the stairs whenever you can today. If you have a two story home make an extra nonproductive trip up and down the stairs to salute all humble and thankless years of service rendered.

I remember the stairs in the home of my youth. My sister and I used to slide down them on our butts or construct a magic carpet, made by an area rug; we'd hop on and rush down the stairs. What fun. Even though we sold the family home in Greenville, NC, I still ride by from time to time when I'm in the area. I know the stairs are still standing and hope some cute little kid is getting butt rub on those stairs. Happy National Appreciate and Take the Stairs Day.


No comments:

Post a Comment