Sunday, January 15, 2012

Walking in the Rain

 I usually walk as a part of my morning ritual, but today it was pouring rain. The rain is like manna. Our water tables are low, we need this, but it doesn't do too much for my walk. I wanted to take my dog out so I put on rain boots and headed out. She didn't like it so we returned quickly, but I liked it. I had plenty of rain gear and it was an adventure. So I went out again in the pouring rain. What a delightful experience. I love seeing the water fill the ditches and the rushing away to the creek. I felt like a pirate sloshing around in the rain - "Shiver me timbers." I imagine pirate at sea fighting the storm.
How many times I forget to examine my assumptions - this time it was my assumption that I don't walk in the rain. I remembered times spent in other countries when I went out rain or shine. If I stayed in during the rain, I would miss seeing the country. I've been in several rain forests. I've been to countries during their monsoon season. I had forgotten that I do walk during the rain and that walking in the rain is fun.
It looks like Gene Kelly took the same walk. This is such an uplifting video.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment