Thursday, March 29, 2012

Happy Face Day

Be nice to your face today. I used to get up in the morning and look in the mirror on my way to the toilet. As I passed by I would wince. One day I woke up, “How crazy is this? I expect to look perfect in the morning when I get up.” From that day on, I never used a look in the mirror to put myself down.
The face holds all kinds of emotions. The term shamed-faced is not a metaphor, we actually hold the vibrations of shame and other emotions in our faces.  The face is the canvas for tears and the first thing people see when they look at us.

Try this exercise to help integrate and heal emotions in the face. First do a baseline check on your face. How does it feel or not feel? Now, sing the sound “E” while stroking your face and neck area with loving strokes. It feel so good and nurturing.
Next do the exercises in this video. The exercises are to keep wrinkles away, but they also wake the face up. After you do the exercises, notice how your face feels. It feels more alive doesn’t it? Wow this is fun.

Another little face hint. Scowl and look at yourself in the mirror. Now smile and look at yourself. Notice how much younger you look when you smile! There’s a vast difference.  Happy Face Day. Face it, it’s time to glow up.

1 comment: