Sunday, March 11, 2012

Happy You Are Never Too Old to Be Young Day

Happy “You are Never Old to be Young” day. Today we celebrate the nature of youth that lives as us, in us. We are not our bodies and we are not our attitudes, but our attitudes are the filters through with we view reality.  It’s easy to experience the ageless nature of consciousness, but sometimes we become so identified with the body, thinking we are that body, that we fix our beliefs, activities and opinions into a stone like mindset and resign ourselves to a narrow limited life.
Zoe Lewis is a great entertainer. Her enthusiasm calls our assumptions about age into question. No one can hear her perform without opening to the zest of being alive. I heard her perform last night at Millbend Coffeehouse. I hosted her in my home last night  I was honored to have a few minutes of her life. People rub off on us. Zoe certainly rubbed off on me. Her mother was 51 when she was born. She died at 95. Zoe said her mother was the inspiration for this song.  Thank you Zoe for reminding me that I’m never too old to be young.  

I recommend you start your listening at 40 seconds. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oNqHoyrQBk

No comments:

Post a Comment