Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Happy Mistake Day

Yesterday I sent out my weekly newsletter. It seems as if I always make a mistake in the newsletter. I write it a short period of time and send it out. Yesterday the mistake was providing an incorrect date. I immediately sent out a correction.  If I was totally averse to making a mistake, I would never attempt anything. Fortunately I’ve gotten over some of my perfectionism. The world is hip to the fact that I screw up a lot of things up, but I am lovable and do many things right and in some things I excel.
 The first thing I think when I find a mistake is “Oh no.” Sometimes, depending on the consequences of the mistake, there’s a dread. How many of us have lost a document because we didn’t save it? We all make mistakes in traffic. Mistakes can trigger that subconscious belief that we are wrong, that we ourselves are a mistake. 

Let’s reframe the whole idea of mistakes. After all a mistake is a mis  take. Fortunately ee can usually remake our mis-takes – like a do over. The following acronyms are do overs of the word mistake. Maybe they are silly, but let’s be bold and subdue the somberness of mistake making. Mistakes are innocent and unintentional. When you make a mistake, forgive yourself, correct what you can and move on.
M-I-S-T-A-K-E
Mistake Is Something That Anyone Kan Erase
Maybe Illusions Step Towards Another Kinky Event
Memory Installed Symbolizes Teaching and Kinetic* Energies    *Moving  

Today is the day to celebrate and salute our mistakes. Life is too short to punish ourselves over an unintentional happening. Life is easier when we support ourselves.  We can make our mistakes easier,  by no judging them. Take easy and make this an easier day.

No comments:

Post a Comment