Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Happy Pleasure Day


Happy Pleasure Day.  There’s a saying “no pain, no gain.” Even though we can grow from pain, pleasure can hold it’s own. There was an experiment where people were hooked up to monitors and their responses were measured– it would be complicated to go into all the details but people who received a deep approving look from someone they cared about had the same kind of happy biological responses as someone who received $164,000. Looks like to me that our treasure is in our pleasure (I heard that phrase from Jean Houston).
Have you ever listened to the lyrics in Carley Simon’s “Ain’t Got Time for the Pain?” “Suffering was the only thing made me feel I was alive.” These words are amazing.
I haven’t Got Time for the Pain ...
By Carly Simon and Jacob Brackmen
All those crazy nights when I cried myself to sleep. Now melodrama never makes me weak anymore. ‘Cause I haven’t got time for the pain. I haven’t got room for the pain. I haven’t the need for the pain, not since I’ve known you.
You showed me how, how to leave myself behind, how to turn down the noise in my mind.  Now I haven’t got time for the pain. I haven’t got room for the pain. I haven’t the need for the pain, not since I’ve known you.
I haven’t got time for the pain. I haven’t got room for the pain. I haven’t the need for the pain.
Suffering was the only thing made me feel I was alive.  Thought that’s just how much it costs to survive in this world, ‘till you showed me how, how to fill my heart with love, how to open up and drink in all that white light  pouring down from the heaven
I haven’t got time for the pain. I haven’t got room for the pain. I haven’t the need for the pain, not since I’ve known you.
I haven’t got time for the pain. I haven’t got room for the need for pain. No I haven’t the need for the pain I haven’t got time no I haven’t got time for the pain I said no, no no more pain no no no  no no no more pain.  I haven’t got time for the pain.
We must learn from our pain, but lead from our joy.  Pain is a word, but it should never be the last word because our treasure is in our pleasure.



No comments:

Post a Comment